Hi:

I am resending this question since I did not get any
answer last time.

We've just migrated Tomcat from version 4.06 to 5.5.9
and found that the configuration variable
'acceptCount' under 'Connector' element takes no
effect.

For example, if I set acceptCount to 1000 but leave
maxThreads to 75, Tomcat cannot handle 500 concurrent
requests. I have to increase the maxThreads to around
1000, otherwise, most of the request will be rejected
by Tomcat. But you know, increase the maxThread is not
an efficient way and web server should be able to keep
a queue much bigger than the maximum work thread.

I remember we have similar problem in Tomcat 4.0.6 and
we did some code change and recompile catalina.jar
ourselves to solve the probelm. I am wondering whether
this issue has been resolved in Tomcat 5.5

<Connector
port="8900"
protocol="HTTP/1.1"
maxThreads="75"