Richard Road Runner wrote:

I am not sure that this is a Tomcat issue, but we are not sure what exactly is
causing our problem.

We are running Tomcat 5.0.27.  We are using the most recent jconn2.jar driver
to connect to a Sybase SQL Anywhere Studio 7 database via JDBC.

Over a period of time, the number of connections to the database continues to
increase far beyond the possible number of users.  The only way to close the
connections is to restart the database server.

Again, we are not sure if we should be looking at Tomcat, the JDBC driver, or
Sybase to solve this problem.

Your web app is not properly closing connections (resources, in general).

Nix.