if i understand correctly then one way you could
accomplish that is simply by reading the output of the
JSP (which you serve in the usual way) into a string
using the java.net.URL class, something similar to the
code below - this way any includes, interpolations,
calculations that occur in the JSP will already have
happened by the time it becomes an ordinary string...

rhett

 public String url2String(String url_of_a_jsp) {

        String text = "";
        String line;

        try {
                URL u = new URL(url_of_a_jsp);

                InputStream in = u.openStream();
                in = new BufferedInputStream(in);
                BufferedReader br = new BufferedReader( new InputStreamReader(in) );
                while ((line = br.readLine()) != null) {
                        text += line + "\n";
                }
        }
        catch (Exception e) {