The reason why you can'a shutdown your tomcat is because you remove the
ajp12 connector description in your server.xml file.
Ajp12 is used to connect to tomcat and to shutdown it. Additionnaly, it also
used to connect to Apache, but even if you don't use Apache you have to have
an ajp12 connector. Try to add ths lines in your server.xml file just before
the first connector:

        <!-- Apache AJP12 support. This is also used to shut down tomcat.
          -->
        <Connector className="org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector">
            <Parameter name="handler"
       value="org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler"/>
            <Parameter name="port" value="8007"/>
        </Connector>

You can change the port value if this one is already in use.

Benoit