Hi,

I've got a small problem here concerning which files I have to include
in the httpd.conf file.
I thought that the jserv.conf file didn't need to be included any longer
in httpd.conf. So I only included the tomcat-apache.conf file. If I do
that, Tomcat starts up allright, but Apache gives me this error during
startup:

----
You must specify a secret key, or disable this feature.
To disable, add "ApJServSecretKey DISABLED" to your Apache configuration
file.
To use, add "ApJServSecretKey {filename}" where filename is document
with more or less random contents, and perhaps a few kb in length.
The Apache JServ documentation explains this in more detail.
/oas/oashome/Apache/Apache/bin/httpdsctl start: httpd could not be
started
----

This, although there is a correct line ApJServSecretKey DISABLED in my
tomcat-apache.conf.

What do I miss here?

Then I tried to include both jserv.conf and tomcat-apache.conf, but then
I get an error of ApJServ directives being defined several times. What I
did was to copy the tomcat-apache.conf file, cut out its ApJServ
directives and include that file in httpd.conf. There's no errors
anymore, but I'm still not sure if Apache really hands servlets and JSP
over to Tomcat.

I'm still able to call servlets through the Apache URL (7777), JSPs thru
Apache don't work anymore. On Tomcat (8080), servlets and JSP work also.

But I thought that, for example, a servlet called through the standard
Apache URL should automatically be handed over to Tomcat, which doesn't
seem to be the case.
How can I find out if the servlet I see in my browser was handled by
Tomcat or Apache?

Thank you to anybody helping me on these configuration issues!

Anne-Marie
--
Anne-Marie Ternes

Informaticien diplômé