I completely agree with Marc. This is a very serious problem and if I
understand Thom's mail right, it affects ALL realms including SimpleRealm,
JDBCRealm etc.

I also request others using tomcat auth to revisit their applications and
make sure users and roles are being assigned properly. Perhaps many may be
hit by this problem but have not discovered it yet. Without a solution to
this problem I will have to redesign security for my application and that
will blow my project plan!

We already seem to have a solution posted by Thom Park. Can someone from
tomcat dev please consider it and release a patch?

Please help.

Rajesh