-----Mensagem original-----
De: Sam Newman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Enviada em: Monday, April 16, 2001 11:06 AM
Para: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Assunto: Apache/Tomcat integration issues

I've just followed the instructions to get Apache and Tomcat working
together. I editied the workers.properties file (which by the way seems
to assume you are on a win32 platform!) and the server.xml to include
the ajpv13 protocol connector. Apache includes tomcats autogenerated
config file and everything works fine - I can see and execute all the
example code. I basically have two problems however:

1.) The autogenerated conf file for mod_jk makes no reference of ajpv13,
which I assumed is the prefered protocol. The only place I can see to
make ajpv13 the default is for JServ. I obviously would like to avoid
editing httpd.conf by hand and would rather tomcat generated the file
using ajpv13 as the default - is it simply a matter of inserting a
directive in the servler.xml? I appreciate that not everyone will choose
to use ajpv13, but if its explicitly referenced in the server.xml,
couldn't it be put in? What do I loose by not using ajpv13 (apart from
performance)?

2.) When displaying one of my login servlets (a simple form forwarding
requests to another servlet) via apache (over standard http or https)
under netscape on a linux box, I get displayed the source code for the
page (e.g. the plain text html) rather than the rendered page. Accessing
the page via the tomcat port solves this. MSIE on my laptop can view the
page fine - either via http or https. If it was a problem with the
format of html i would of expected the tomcat served page to likewise
display the html sourcecode. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

sam newman

p.s. I'm tempted to buy redhat's strongohld out of my own pocket rather
than spend another week of hell getting SSL working myself!