First of all, open a dos window, go to your TOMCAT_HOME (cd TOMCAT_HOME), go
to the bin, and execute tomcat run instead of double clicking on the
startup.bat script. It is a every-day-repeated trick to see what is the
error when the window is closing. So please write it down somewhere ! (;-)
).

Benoît
> Hi,
>
> I've been looking for anything in the archive but couldn't
> see anything
> to help me.  Feel free to ignore this but I'm puzzled so
> anything would
> be a step forward!
>
> Basically, I'm trying to get Tomcat up and running on a Pentium IV
> PC - does anyone know of any reason why this would fail?  I only ask
> because my Visual Cafe 4.0 was unsupported on P IV and that
> spooked me.
>
> I've got jdk13 installed and my "HelloWorld" test works.  I've set
> JAVA_HOME
> and  TOMCAT_HOME but runing "startup" brings up a dos window that
> then disappears without any error.  I followed the
> installation guide I
> found here,
> www.onjava.com/lpt/a/729 maybe it misses something out.
>
> I'm currently eyeballing the startup scripts....
>
> Thanks for your time,
> Chris

winmail.dat