Hi

This happens to me too, though i use a NT machine.  I normally do the foll:

1) clear the browsers cache, close the browser and restart it, it works
fine.
2) (the first time i got this error), my acrobat could not launch. so i
downloaded and reinstalled, since i was not sure about plugging in the
browser.

I think no special config is required, anyway i am not sure about a unix
system.

thanks

ramesh

Let me clarrify the problem. I am using Tomcat on a Unix system. I am using it stand-alone without Apache.  I have 2 problems.  I have an html file with links to serveral PDFs in it.  When I click the link Tomcat loads the PDF into the browser as ascii text rather than launching Acrobat.  If I navigate to the PDF without going through Tomcat, my Netscape Browser opens Acrobat and loads the PDF just fine.  I have confirmed that there is a mime-type declaration in the web.xml file in the conf directory.  My other problem is I have a unique image format that is having the same problem.  If I navigate to it outside of Tomcat, Netscape will launch the application I have set up in the preferences file, but if I go through the server it loads the image file as ascii garbage in the browser. Is there something special that I need to do in the Tomcat configuration that I am missing?

Thanks,
Steve and Nanette