From: David M. Rosner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2001 3:10 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: HTTP Referer Field Not Appearing

Hi All,

For some reason I can't get the Referer header field from any of my JSP
pages. I'm using the following code:

String strReferringURL = request.getHeader( "referer" ) ;

I also tried looking at all of the headers in the request, but it doesn't
look like this is including all of the headers:

for (Enumeration e = request.getHeaderNames() ; e.hasMoreElements() ;) {
          Log.getInstance().logError( (String) e.nextElement() );
}

Is this because my browser is not sending all of the fields (including
referrer), or could it be the way that I have Tomcat configured?

Thanks!

-dave