We've recently moved to a tomcat/apache server under linux using the
most recent release builds.  Some of our clients are experiencing
strange behavior, like getting the following stack trace to their
browser:

Tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:797) at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743) at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp13ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Ajp13ConnectionHandler.java:160)

at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:416) at
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(THreadPool.java:498)
at java.lang.Thread.Run(Thread.java:484)

(may be incomplete; sent by a client in email since we cannot duplicate
the problem)

The common thread seems to be that they're using IE as the browser.  Is
this a known problem (thought I couldn't find it in the archives)?  Is
there some workaround?  Would backing off to ajp12 fix it (we never had
the problem with apache/jserv on NT)?

Thanks for any suggestions.

-- Michael