don't mess around with the system classpath. makes your webapp non-portable.
take advantage of the fact that you are using a war structure.

put the property file under WEB-INF/classes/

then do this

java.util.Properties prop = new java.util.Properties();
prop.load( Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader().getResourceAsStrea
m("mypropertyfile.properties") );

that should do the trick,

you may also want to try
"./mypropertyfile.properties" and "/mypropertyfile.properties" if the file
doesn't get picked up

Filip

~
Namaste - I bow to the divine in you