Title: RE: Servlet jar files
What I mean is that our servlet uses property files to determine various configuration parameters (logging levels, connection pooling, etc).  If I put these property files in the WAR,  how do they edit them?
-----Original Message-----
From: Sam Newman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2001 9:39 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Servlet jar files

You mean that you deploy servlets on customers machines? I'm not sure how easy it is to access files outside of the WAR file. I suspect you'd have to edit the tomcat.policy file to relax the security sandbox that servlets run it. Byd efault I don't think you can access anything outside the servlets web context. Alternatively you could deply the webapp unpacked (e.g. not use the WAR file). As far as I can see the only benifits of using a .WAR file is it looks a little neater, hides some of the internals and makes deployment a little easier.

sam