Warren,
         That helps incredibly.  That was what I was looking for.  What
exactly is catalina?  Is this part of tomcat 4.2?  Is it worth
upgrading?  If a tomcat process for a certain developer goes down, do they
have to come to you, or can you have a script that they can execute for
them to restart their tomcat.
         Thanks again for the help,
         Brent