Really happy that worked for you.

But, anyway and just for information (;-) ), this solution comes directly
from the mod_jk-howto.html file from the Jakarta project documentation...

Yes it's written in small characters, but it is written... ;-)

Extract from the mod_jk-howto.html:
"
 For Linux: apxs -o mod_jk.so -I../jk -I/usr/local/jdk/include
-I/usr/local/jdk/include/linux -c *.c ../jk/*.c

Your build may fail because the object files from the ../jk directory have
been compiled to the current directory, rather than their source directory.
Running gcc -shared -o mod_jk.so *.o should finish the build.
"

Benoît