On 23 Apr 2001, Chris Bailey wrote:

> This is what I'm already doing (see the email below) - I map my
> servlet to index.html in web.xml.

Here's something you can try.  I haven't tried it exactly myself,
although I have tried something similar (i.e. having
http://www.foo.com/bar/ go directly to a servlet).  The steps below
are analogous to what I have done.

First, add a directive to your tomcat/apache conf file that directs
*all* requests to tomcat's default context.  This might be something
like:

  JkMount /* /ROOT

(I'm using mod_jserv, not mod_jk, which is an additional reason I'm
not 100% sure of what exactly you need to do this part of it.)

Second, add a servlet-mapping for the URL "/" to the servlet you wish
the requests to go to (I believe you'll have to have defined that
servlet, i.e. set up a servlet-name for it).  This should go in
tomcat's root context's web.xml file.

That's it.

> On 23 Apr 2001 16:26:04 -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > can't you map the name index.html to your servlet in the web.xml file?
> > or you can change the index file name to point to your servlet.
> > Filip
> >
> > ~
> > Namaste - I bow to the divine in you
> > ~
> > Filip Hanik
> > Software Architect
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > www.filip.net

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
Software/Systems Development Group
Computing and Communications Services Office (CCSO)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]