At 11:51 AM 4/30/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>hi everyone,
>
>i'm trying to use a form to upload a file from the webpage to my server.
>
>i don't want to store the file on myserver, i just want to receive the file
>data and send it somewhere else right away.
>
>i know that i have to parse the received data to eliminate the boundaries
>and th content type,etc.
>
>do you know the max size that i can receive on the
>standardInputStream????????

Being a stream that's a loaded question, although
reading the api policy on the DataInput interface
I presume its the maximum size of a byte array.
But this is the wrong way to look at an inputstream.

The input data has to go somewhere, right? I would
assume also that your going to write the input into
an output stream, so theoretically you'll not need to
worry about a limit. Presumably the data is going somewhere
as soon as it comes in. What you really need to worry
about is the other end, the data receiver might choke,
go off line, slow down, stop receiving for whatever reason.
You should plan for that in your design, and implement
a temporary buffer on your transmitting end.