Hi gurus!

I didn't manage to figure out the real difference between in-process workers
and plug-in/redirector.
I mean, I know which is the diference, but according to what HOW-TOs say, I
don't find it clear when ie: I thought that the workers.propoerties file was
only used by the worker architecture, but in the HOW-TO it shows the example
in which it's configured also for the redirector architecture.

BTW, I think that when working with redirector, I have to start up by hand
Tomcat as another process and so, mod_jk will redirect servlet requests from
Apache to Tomcat, cause they're different processes. On the other hand, the
workers architecture, allows Apache to run Tomcat within the same process
space, and I don't have to startup Tomcat by hand. Am I wrong? If not, why
should I configure a workers.properties file despite I'm working with a
redirector architecture?

any idea will be appreciated.

m-

Lic. Martin O. Mauri