Hello GOMEZ Henri,

Everything is working great for me so this is not a call for help.  Mandrake
7.2, as you mention, uses a modified version of Apache they call
Apache-AdvancedExtranetServer version 3.12 (SGI).  I found that in using the
binary mod_jk from the Jakarta site that everything would configure
correctly and produce the message that Ajp13 worker found etc.  All
indications in the logs were that it was working correctly, however, no
forwarding would take place. Adam Fowler mentioned that he had compiled a
version which works for Mandrake 7.2 and indeed it does.  I am under the
impression, perhaps mistakenly so, that differences in the version of Apache
and even the Kernel can effect the mod_jk's performance and as such, it
should be rebuilt for every unique system. I believe this to be our (the
users) responsibility as there are so many variations with Linux.

I only see one version of mod_jk.so available for Linux on the Jakarta
site..? In hindsight, I believe that I have installed a Mandrake 7.2 with
Apache and Tomcat using the original binary and it worked fine. I'm fuzzy as
to whether that Apache had mod_ssl.  Perhaps it was the ssl version that was
needed for my most recent install. (mod_jk.so-eapi)

I really appreciate your hard work with Tomcat.  You and Craig McClanahan
are heroes here.

Best Regards,
Craig O'Brien