Hei,
if this doesn't work.
Put the .jar file in your TOMCAT/webapps/YOUR_APPL/WEB-INF/lib.
When you put your .jar file in here, it's only accessible for this
WEB-Application.
When you put it in TOMCAT/lib it's accessible to all your Servlets/JSP.
You could also put it into your JDK/jre/lib/ext directory, so it's available
to all your Java Applicaitons.
I have read something about putting the .jar file in /JDK.... could cause
some errors.

Greetings,
Michael