>From: "Bo Xu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: destroy/init sequence
>Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 23:13:58 -0000
>
>>From: Michael Bergknoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>Does the container maintain session state across
>>a destroy/init sequence? If so is it up to each
>>servlet to serialize or delete any objects stored
>>in the session? For debugging, is it possible to
>>control when the destroy method is called?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Mike
>>[...]
>

>Hi :-) I am not sure:
>- IMHO, I think HttpSession doesn't has much relation
>  with one special MyServlet,  session is "of"
>  webapps/container(not this webapp or that...), i.e.,
>  session is cross-webapp, so session is loaded by
>  another classloader which is different from the webapp
>  classloader which loads MyServlet. so even if the old
>  webapp classloader is destroyed/GCed, the session object
>  and its Class object and its classloader are still there.
>[...]

Hi :-)  I find a mistake in my last email:-)

with TC4.0b1(standalone, JDK1.3, winnt40):
- session is "of" a special webapp, with the same browser:
  % diferent webapp "has" different session
  % diferent MyServlet in the same webapp "has" same session

- when I updated MyServlet in webapp0, then MyServlet will be
  reloaded, then the session of webapp0 will be a new
  one(before it is expired)

  is the above right?  why does the container destroy session
  of a webapp when this webapp's classloader is updated?

have a nice day! :-)

Bo
May.09, 2001