On Fri, 11 May 2001, Alin Simionoiu wrote:

> [...]
>
> Second, the question was : How Tomcat handle JVM crashes, that's all.
> Filip send a very good answer : It doesn't..period.

Ok, if the JVM dies tomcat dies, period. BUT In Tomcat 4 you have the
possibility to use a configurable Store to save Sessions. So you could
configure a FileStore or a JDBCStore to save Sessions due to the criterias
you set up. You could also use the StandardManager which attempts to save
Sessions across restarts or a jvm kill. However I would go with the
PersistentManager and either use File or JDBCStore. I suggest you pick
the latest Tomcat 4(4.4 as of writing) as the Store implementations have
grown more robust in the later releases.

        ..bip