I'm having problems attaching an object to the request object in a servlet
and pulling that object out again after forwarding to a jsp.  I've created
a bean called PopBean that I attach to the request.  After forwarding to a
jsp, I attempt to retrieve it from the request object and cast back to
PopBean. I get a ClassCastException.  If I run a getClass().getName() the
result is PopBean.  However, instanceof returns false when compared to
PopBean.   I can create new instances of PopBean in the jsp with no
problem.  I also can pass any of the standard java classes like Vector,
String, etc. and pull them out with no problem.  This problem only happens
with classes that I have created myself.
   Does anyone have any ideas? I've been wrestling with this for a while
without success.  BTW, I'm using Tomcat 3.2.1 on Solaris.  Thanks.

Aaron