Is it true that you can not use out.print to send out an entire
<jsp:forward> tag and have it work?

For example, if I do this, it returns as an html page without the
forwarding action (ie. doesn't work):
--------------------------------------
<%
   out.println("<jsp:forward page=\"someother.jsp\"/></jsp:forward>");
%>

But if I do this, it works and forwards to someother.jsp:
<%
   String redirection = "someother.jsp";
%>

<jsp:forward page='<%= redirection %>' />

In each case above, the code is saved in a jsp file....so we're going
from one jsp to another.

I mean, the second option above will work fine, but I just don't
understand why the first option will not forward to the someother.jsp
page?

Anyone have some insight?

Rob