Peter Mutsaers wrote:

> >> "Jon" == Jon Stevens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>     Jon> You could implement a Singleton based Service. This is what
>     Jon> Turbine did. It has an entire Service framework for dealing
>     Jon> with exactly this problem. It takes care of startup and
>
> That's a good idea. I already made a Servlet now (which I also use as
> the management servlet for my application, also spawning a thread for
> some scheduled actions and controlling that thread(s)), but I might
> put the ConnectionPool in a Singleton instead.
> [...]

Hi :-) I am not sure, and I just suggest that:
perhaps it is better to let this Singleton-ConnectionPool loaded by a
classloader which is "upper" than the classloader of this webapp or
that, so perhaps we can avoid some exceptions such as
ClassCastException(for example, when reloading)

>  Heh, at the moment I have no boss. I have to get as much work done
> before the next one comes :)
> [...]

I am Not sure, but I find in this List, there are some people  whose
emails
 address are from hotmail or usa.net or......

I am Not sure, but is it possible that ......?   //hahahahaha :-)  (just
a fun ^_^ )

have a nice day! :-)
Bo
May.16, 2001