From: Jaimes Blunt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2001 10:22 AM
To: Jakarta-Tomcat-User (E-mail)
Subject: Tomcat Socket Error

Hi guys,
I was wondering if someone could help me.  I am using Tomcat as a standalone
middleware server, that basically manages connections to a remote system,
and parses all data received.  I have started getting weird error messages
as mroe people begin to access my servlets.  You can find the error message
below.  I was wondering if anyone else was encountering these kinds of
errors, and if so, what they may have done to solve it.
Thanks a bunch
Jaimes Blunt
Here is the error:
2001-05-17 10:39:44 - ContextManager: SocketException reading request,
ignored -
 java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: JVM_recv in socket
input st
ream read
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead(Native Method)
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:86)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:186)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:204)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpRequestAdapter.doRead(HttpRequestAdapter.
java:115)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.BufferedServletInputStream.doRead(BufferedServletInpu
tStream.java:106)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.BufferedServletInputStream.read(BufferedServletInputS
tream.java:128)
        at
javax.servlet.ServletInputStream.readLine(ServletInputStream.java:138
)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpRequestAdapter.readNextRequest(HttpReques
tAdapter.java:129)
        at
onnectionHandler.java:195)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

If this email is not intended for you, or you are not responsible for the
delivery of this message to the addressee, please note that this message may
contain ITT Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you may not
copy or deliver this message to anyone.  You should destroy this message and
kindly notify the sender by reply email.  Information contained in this
message that does not relate to the business of ITT is neither endorsed by
nor attributable to ITT.