> I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but I've always had the
same
> host names in my Apache VHost config and my server.xml file. In your
config,
> you're using an IP Address in Apache and a name in server.xml. You might
try
> using the IP in server.xml instead.

All my vhosts use the same IP number as they are all named hosts.  Using
the IP number in the VirtualHost header just saves a DNS lookup and make
starting the server faster.  The host: header is matched against the
ServerName attribute.

> Nothing else really jumps out at me. For an example of my config, search
the
> mail archive at:

> http://mikal.org/interests/java/tomcat/index.jsp

> Look for Virtual Host or my name.

Will do.  Thanks. This is very frustrating.

Another thought I had was whether the docBase directory must have some
special format.  The webapps one in the tomcat directory has a bunch of
.war files ( which I have no idea what they are for ).

Glen.