We have been running a system of Servlets for some years on both Unix and NT4 platforms.  I recently installed Tomcat 3.2.1 on a Win2000 server running IIS5.  All appeared fine both on port 8080 and using the isapi_redirect and reading/writing to the sql 2000 database.

BUT  servlets producing xml cause the server to go into freefall. CPU usage goes off the scale for about 5 minutes and on several occasions it has died completely.

I have tried Sun JRE 1.2.2 and IBM JRE 1.3  both with similar results.

Any ideas / similar experiences anyone

Thanks

Jon GS