Chris McNeilly wrote:

> I've got a servlet and am trying to open files.  The problem is that its
> defaulting to the tomcat/bin directory whenever I attempt to refer to
> them.  How can I change this?  Hardcoding the path isn't such a good
> idea as my dev environment is different from production.  These are xml
> and xsl files and they are located on the webroot.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris

Hi :-)  from several emails in Servlet-List and this List:

* InputStream is = this.getServletContext().

getResourceAsStream("/WEB-INF/testApp.properties");

now testApp.properties is in myapp/WEB-INF/

*
- InputStream is =
this.getClass().getResourceAsStream("testApp.properties");
- InputStream is = Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader().
                            getResourceAsStream("myservlet.conf");

  now, (normally),  myservlet.conf/testApp.properties is in
myapp/WEB-INF/classes

Bo
May.29, 2001