Are there no log messages from tomcat ?

How do you know that the <jsp:include ../> is not working?
It might be working and the error is in the included page.

To verify that, you could strip down the included page
to something like:
<%
  log(this.getClass().getName() + ": I'm included");
%>
and see if this message makes it to the log.

Another thing you can check is, if there is a generated
java file and it's compiled version for your included jsp.

<snip/>