From: A Yang [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2001 1:13 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: response.sendRedirect vs. requestDispatcher.forward

Hi,

Thanks for the help. As it turns out, switching
between requestDispath.forward and response.redirect
will trip you up because of differences in what they
expect as their parameters.

RequestDispatch.forward takes a URL that is a RELATIVE
path but also requires a leading slash.

If you are brilliant (like myself) and you change your
code to use response.encodeRedirectURL but you KEEP
that leading slash, well then. Your response will
treat it like an absolute path and wind up plunking
you into a different servlet context, which Tomcat
will generate a new session for.

Thanks again for your help,
Andy

--- Martin van den Bemt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> A different hostname creates a new session which
> could be the problem here..
> (so http://www.example.com and http://example.com
> create a different session even it's the same
> server/context/etc..
>
> Mvgr,
> Martin

getServletConfig().getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher("/Resu