Hi :-)  about "who is First selected for making-session: cookies or
URLre-writing?",
please see the following email:

<************************************************************>

n Sun, 20 May 2001, Robert Nicholson wrote:

> Question... how I force it to rewrite the URL to support url rewriting even
> if the browser supports cookies?

In 3.2, look in "conf/server.xml" for the string

        noCookies="false"

and change it to

        noCookies="true"

IIRC, this change is global to all webapps in this JVM.

In 4.0, the <Context> element includes a "cookies" attribute that you can
use to turn cookies on or off on a per-webapp basis.  It defaults to
"true", so turn them off like this:

        <Context path="/examples" ... cookies="false" ...>

Craig McClanahan

so I think:
- by default,  TOMCAT will cookies
- but I also can ask TOMCAT to use URLre-writing,  no matter
  the browser supports cookies or not

Bo
June 06, 2001