Someone has already answered about the service so I will pass over
that issue and warn you of another problem in your architecture.

        Sun's JDBC-ODBC bridge is not thread safe.  If you attempt two
concurrent connections then you will get a crash (Dr. Watson or GPF
depending on version of Windows).  You can read about this in the Bug Parade
(I don't have the number currently).  Sun's response is that the JDBC-ODBC
bridge is experimental and should not be used in a production environment.
I would suggest you find other drivers, either ODBC or otherwise for your
application.

        Randy