Thanks for the help...

What I'd really like to do is be able to run jsp's and servlets through my
root web directory without having to add the files to examples/*. For
example: http://www.mydomain.com/cart.jsp instead of:
http://www.mydomain.com/examples/jsp/cart.jsp

How is this accomplished?
Can I establish a context that points to a directory outside the tomcat
directory?

Thanks,
Mark