Thanks, but it makes no difference.  Is there any easy way to be sure that my mod_jk.conf is being used?

Mark
----- Original Message -----
From: Pae Choi
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2001 1:11 PM
Subject: Re: j_security_check

Try action="/VP/j_security_check" while assuming that the rest of the
setup is correct.

Pae

I've read everything I can find on the list, and in the documentation and I still can't get "FORM" authentication to work.

I'm using tomcat 3.2.2.  I'm accessing Tomcat directly (via port 8080) - I've turned Apache off to make sure that it doesn't get in the way.

Tomcat correctly redirects to my login page, but then pressing submit gets the message "The page cannot be found" & it's looking for a page called j_security_check.  I have:

form method="POST" action="j_security_check" >
 Username: <input type="text" name="j_username"><br>
Password: <input type="password" name="j_password"><br>
etc

in my login.jsp.

I've put

JkMount  /VP/j_security_check * ajp13
in my mod_jk.conf (in $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/ - but I don't know whether Tomcat is reading it).

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Mark Muffett