Spare-threads are idle threads. We want a few idle
threads to quickly answer incoming requests. We don't
want too many idle threads, or else we can negatively
impact performance. So, we can represent the config
below with this pseudo-code in an attempt to make it
more clear:

// Max spare threads
while ( IDLE_THREADS > 20 ) {
    server.killThread();
}

// Min spare threads
while ( IDLE_THREADS < 5 && THREAD_COUNT <= 200 ){
    server.spawnThread();
}
--- "Jose Euclides da Silva Junior - DIGR.O"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> First of all,
> what does "spare-treads" mean?
> Secondly,
> there are 2 very important parameters that should be
> configurated: delay and
> threads - and 1 important concept: each new group
> will begin after the prior
> one ends. So, you should have enough CPU and memory
> to allow multithreads.
> Finally, if you are testing a web page, this kind of
> tool (in general)
> doesnt simulate the real overhead.
>
> Regards,
>
> José Euclides Júnior