Hi There,

I'm new to the group - apologies if this has been asked 100 times before.

I'm writing a web application that parses an XML file with SAX in order to
retrieve database connection details. The beans responsible for this make
use of the xerces XML parser. Testing the beans in JBuilder, everything
works fine.

When I compile the class files and attempt to invoke the methods through a
jsp page in Tomcat, it throws a java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError error.

I've been scouring Deja and the tomcat documentation. It sounds like I can't
use another XML parser on top of the one tomcat uses to parse its
configuration information. Is this correct? If this is the case, is the only
solution to re-write the SAX parser bean to make use of JAXP?

Thanks in advance,
Ben
---