A possible web.xml snippet for something like this:

    <servlet>
      <servlet-name>myServlet</servlet-name>
      <servlet-class>com.yourdomain.myServlet</servlet-class>
    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>myServlet</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/aName</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

After you have that in Tomcat, you just need to JkMount
/aName from Apache to complete the job.  Make sure
you add the context path before it, though, if the context
path isn't the root.

Best Regards,

Jason Koeninger
J&J Computer Consulting