>> The XML parser should be included in the distro since new and average
>> users MAY never use XML in their apps.
>OK. My vote is for xerces (it is good and has same licence).
>Also, it would be good to have the list of tomcat-compatible parsers.
>At the moment, I tried jaxp 1.1 and latest xerces - they work correct.
>What about people using IBM's one? MS's one?

IBM xml4j is at 99% xerces-j
Did MS got a jav parser ?

>BTW, for "new and average" users it is possible to use RPM
>dependancies.

I started think at this that's why my latest xerces-j RPM have a :

Provides jaxp 1.1

May be next release

>For example, ask xerces (and sun's) people to put their classes to
>parser.jar and check for this jar in RPM. Another option, RPM
>pre-install script could try to find existing parser (and fail if there
>is no one). RPM is rather sophisticated mechanism to deal with this
>problem...

The build process of RPM allready deal with installed parser (jaxp
1.0/xerces-j)
may be next time crimson. I could add such system at install time but what
to do when a user got at the same time, crimson and xerces-j ???