Celson,

3 things:

1. inside the webapps/cpl directory create another called WEB-INF
(case-sensitive) and inside that put the web.xml.
2. also in the WEB-INF directory create a classes directory and put your
servlet in there.
3. in the web.xml you will need a servlet definition if you want to map it by
name, eg:
<servlet>
  <servlet-name>cpl</servlet-name>
  <servlet-class>yourpackage.yourservlet</servlet-class>
</servlet>

hope this helps.

cheers
dim