I installed j2sdk-1.2.2 and jakarta-tomcat-4.0
this morning. I set JAVA_HOME and TOMCAT_HOME
in my /etc/profile started tomcat by executing
/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/bin/start and all
seemed to go O.K.

I fired up x window and was naive to believe
that I could just enter http://localhost:8080
in the location bar of netscape and be able to
see the tomcat homepage.

It didn't work and I started to wonder whether what
I wanted to do was possible and if so how. Maybe some
files defining localhost are not quite as they should
be.

> Good luck.
Thanks I may need it :)

T:Irvine