From: Matt Barre [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2001 11:25 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: PoolMan woes

I am trying to get PoolMan and TomCat to play nicely together.
I am developing on Win2k, Tomcat 3.2.

My first attempt was to use version 2.0.4 of Poolman with Tomcat 3.2...upon
access
PoolMan.jsp, Tomcat stops running. No errors, no warnings, its terminal
window just
vanishes. I tried increasing the heap size, but that didn't seem to help.

Next I tried installing PoolMan 1.4.1. This doesn't crash TomCat but
mysteriously it can't
find its poolman.props file. I've tried putting it in directories that I'm
absolutely
positive are in my ClassPath without luck.

I've read the docs pretty extensively I think, but can't seem to come up
with an answer.
My overall goal is to simply add connection pooling to tomcat. If anyone can
give me some
pointers, thanks in advance.

Matt