I am trying run some code from within a web-app under tomcat4-b5 that uses
rmi.  The code works fine from the command line however once called from
within a web-app I get a nasty exception when trying to get the remote
object.  Everything is running locally on a NT platform using jdk1.3_02.  I
have searched through the archives and docs but came up empty.  I saw a lot
of talk about the MalformedURLException but most of it revolved around
JBoss.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Please let me know if you
need any additional information.

The exception is as follows:

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.rmi.ServerException:
RemoteExc
eption occurred in server thread; nested exception is:
        java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling arguments; nested
excep
tion is:
        java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: jndi
java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling arguments; nested exception
is:

        java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: jndi
java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: jndi
        at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(Stream
RemoteCall.java:245)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:
220)
        at adrenalinex.mnemosyne.MnemosyneImpl_Stub.write(Unknown Source)
        at
adrenalinex.drmi.handlers.FailoverHandler.invoke(FailoverHandler.java
:201)
.
.
.