If you look in the webapp/admin/WEB-INF/web.xml file, you'll notice
that the roe is set to admin.  Then you go into the tomcat-user.xml
file, and make sure that a user in that file has the role of admin.
Voila.

--- David Herder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I believe that it has something to do with editing the
> tomcat-user.xml file
> to match what the (admin context) web.xml file states for the
> particular
> role.
>
> I am trying to solve this problem, too, so if you find out, please
> let me
> know.
>
> dave
>
> ----------
> >From: "Chris Kmiec" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >Subject: admin password
> >Date: Thu, Jul 5, 2001, 4:42 PM
> >

> > Does anyone know what the password is to get into the Admin tool
> that comes
> > with the standard installation of tomcat? I didn't find anything of
> > relevance in the /webapps/admin/Web-inf/web.xml file or anywhere in
> its
> > vicinity. I tried the various combinations of Admin/Admin,
> Admin/Tomact
> > username and passwords without success. How is that access
> controlled? Is
> > there some good documentation on this? I wasn't able to find
> anything
> > relevant in the installation guide or user doc. Am I looking in the
> wrong
> > places?
> >
> > Thanks for the help!
> > --Chris

=====
Grim Shieldsson (James A Barrows)
Acting Chieftain of Clan StormWolf
Barbarian Freehold Alliance
Oppurtunity doesn't knock.  It only presents itself after you kick down the door.
--Kyle Chandler