From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2001 6:42 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Urgent Help with Tomcat 4.0

Hi there
i downloaded Tomcat 4.0 b5 and installed it on my PC running win98. it works

fine but for some reason it does not run the jsp examples in the local host
or any other jsp pages i created, even though it runs the servlets ok. i get

the error shown below

A Servlet Exception Has Occurred

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for
JSPC:\Tomcat\bin\..\work\localhost\examples\jsp\dates\date_jsp.java:168:
Incompatible type for method. Explicit cast needed to convert
java.lang.Throwable to java.lang.Exception.
       if (pageContext != null) pageContext.handlePageException(t);
                                                                ^
1 error

at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:277)
...etc

any suggestions ? thanx Tim