> The only change I made for 9i was to change the driverName from
> oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver to oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver
> as recommended
> by Oracle.  In my application lib directory I made a link to
> the classes12.zip
> (and .jar file) and rebuilt.  I've confirmed that the
> classes12.{jar,zip}
> files are in
> /usr/local/jakarta/jakarta-tomcat-4.0-b5/src/build/webapps/opf
> /WEB-INF/lib/

Herein lies your problem.  The classes12.jar(it has to be a jar not
a zip), has to be in TOMCAT_HOME/lib, not your webapps lib folder.

Think of it this way.  Where do you configure the JDBCRealm?  In
TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml.  The server.xml file is parsed at startup
and therefore the Realm is created before the context(s) have been
loaded.

---
Michael Wentzel
Software Developer