Neat.

Why isn't this documented anywhere? or done by the setup program?

Do I have to change the
   > >    ApJServManual          on
setting?

What if I did:
> >    ApJServManual          off
what would happen; seems  like this is intended to do something useful?  :-)

Thanks,
Gregory
------------------------------------

At 03:43 PM 07/09/2001 -0400, Bruce A. Carson wrote:
You can modify your Registry to ensure that Jakarta is started before Apache:

Make sure that the ApacheJak Service starts before Apache by editing the registry:
Run regedt32
    Select Window - "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE on Local Machine" from the menu
    Double-click to open the SYSTEM, then the CurrentControlSet keys
    Scroll down and click on the Apache servicename
    Double-click on the "DependOnService" Key and add a line to the Tcpip and Afd that already appear:
Tcpip
Afd
ApacheJak

NOTE: I called my Jakarta Service "ApacheJak" (so that it would appear in the Services near Apache), change the line above to
whatever you called your service.

Then from a command prompt you can stop both services with:
NET STOP APACHEJAK

and start both with:
NET START APACHE

Cheers!
        Bruce

Dr. Gregory Guthrie
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         (641)472-1125    Fax: -1103
       Computer Science Department
       School of Computing and Information Science
       Maharishi University of Management
      (Maharishi International University 1971-1995)
        http://www.mum.edu/cs_dept