From: Sam Newman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2001 5:32 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Tomcat memory-leak problem

I too have been having some problems with Tomcat + memory. I put it down to
me running win98 and win98 not properly being able to address memory over
128MB. I normally have dreamweaver, netbeans and tomcat running, and
reguarly run out of memory (I have  384MB Ram). I haven't noticed any
similar problems running tomcat on linux (with a lower spec machine).
Windows does have memory management issues however, and it might be the way
tomcat threads means it causes problems with memory on win32 platforms. I
downloaded Tweakall in the end, as this comes with a niffty utility which
can free leaked memory.

sam