A number of folks recently posted similar questions ...
I think things work better when you specify
"application/x-java-serialized-object" as
the content type of the data you are writing.  In the code below, you're
using
"application/x-www-form-urlencoded", which definitely would not help.

- Fernando

Hi all!

I'm trying to do some application/applet to servlet communication where I
want to send an object to servlet.
My application code:
             URL testServlet = new
URL("http://localhost:83/testApp/servlet/TestServlet";);
             URLConnection servletConnection = testServlet.openConnection
();

             // inform the connection that we will send output and accept
input
             servletConnection.setDoInput(true);
             servletConnection.setDoOutput(true);

             // Don't use a cached version of URL connection.
             servletConnection.setUseCaches(false);
             servletConnection.setDefaultUseCaches(false);

             // Specify the content type that we will send binary data
             //servletConnection.setRequestProperty("Content-Type",
"application/octet-stream");
             servletConnection.setRequestProperty("Content-Type",
"application/x-www-form-urlencoded");

             // send the student object to the servlet using serialization
             ObjectOutputStream outputToServlet = new
ObjectOutputStream(servletConnection.getOutputStream());

             // serialize the object
             outputToServlet.writeObject(new HelloObject(message));

             outputToServlet.flush();
             outputToServlet.close();

results in
Http10Interceptor: SocketException reading request, ignored
message on tomcat 3.3m4.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong ?

Any help will be appreciated.

Best regards,