I move one our small JSP application from 3.x to 4.0b5 for the reason of using servlet 2.3 specification: ServletContextListener, HttpSessionListener be more specific.

I get the exception under the 4.0b5 with the following messages:

Exception Report:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Class abc.control.ControllerServlet is not a Servlet

Root Cause:

java.lang.ClassCastException: abc.control.ControllerServlet

There is not any indication that anywhere my code is not approprt. What I shall do at this situation?

I believe that I encounter the similar situation in the 3.x, and it can be resolved by recycle the Tomcat server. That method doesn't work for 4.0b5.

Thanks.

Vernon